Englert Inc – Background & History
Englert has been in business for more than 50 years and was founded by Herbert Englert in 1966. Herbert had extensive experience in the metal industry and as a visionary, recognized the need for superior metal roofing products. He crafted his products for contractors, building owners, and architects.
It was Herbert’s vision that by utilizing on-site roll forming (fabricating the metal products on site instead of at a warehouse) contractors can provide superior fit and installation of both roofing and gutter systems. Job site roll forming also leads to a lot less waste and lower costs for the end product. This innovative thought process led to the design and creation of on site roll forming machines for contractors to use for metal roofing and gutter projects.
Under his direct leadership and commitment to quality and innovation, Englert Inc is now one of the leading suppliers of standing seam metal roof materials and rain gutter systems. They have won numerous awards for their metal products and designs which are aesthetically pleasing, durable and provide protection along with energy savings.
Today, the company’s revenues exceed $93 million in annual revenues. They have several manufacturing locations in the U.S., including one in Plantation, FL where demand is high for hurricane-resistant roofing.
Get A Metal Roof Quote Now!
Demonstrated Commitment to Quality
Quality matters and Englert demonstrates this through their quality control methods:
- 67-point quality control checklist: Every roof panel goes through an extensive quality control check to ensure that every panel performs consistently and is highly durable.
- Exceeding industry standards: By operating their own coating and in-house metal fabrication they are able to control quality at their facilities ensuring that they consistently meet or exceed industry standards.
Outstanding Hurricane Protection
- Many of Englert’s standing seam metal roof panels are engineered to meet UL 580 wind uplift ratings. This means they can withstand continuous wind speeds of 30, 60, or 90 pounds per square foot.
- Their top windspeed products include:
- Their S-2500 mechanically seamed panel has even higher wind resistance, rated for winds up to 140 mph.
- The S-3000 nominal 3″ seam panel can withstand winds up to 155 mph.
- Built for Florida: With Category 5 hurricanes in mind, Englert engineered metal roof systems specifically for high-wind coastal regions like Florida. Their FBC High Velocity Hurricane Zone approved roof panels are tested to withstand winds up to 180 mph.