Metal roofs are much in demand today. After being sidelined for many decades, people have finally identified the many benefits of such roofing solutions. With some simple treatments, the same metal roofs earlier perceived as noisy and vulnerable to rusting become exactly the opposite. Also, they can last for a really long time, which no other roofing material can match!
Metal roofers in Miami can offer you different kinds of roofing solutions as per your needs. However, you must also know about the different kinds of roofing materials, and which one fits your needs best.
Roofing Materials You Can Select From
Aluminum is the third most naturally available metal on earth. So, it is an absolute choice for manufacturing so many things, including metal roofs. Aluminum can survive the harsh weather changes of Florida and yet sustain its agility and impressive appeal. Some of the top benefits of choosing aluminum as your preferred roofing material are:
- Aluminum is the most recycled metal used for manufacturing roofing panels. So, when you choose metal roofs, you are only utilizing some recycled material for constructing your roof.
- Among all metal roofing materials, aluminum is the lightest and hence most easy to install. Despite being light and thin, aluminum can imitate the strength of materials much thicker than it.
- You can always buy aluminum roofs from anywhere and yet not be worried about inflated pricing. Since literally every roofing company deals in them you can always find great deals over them.
Stainless steel is a steel alloy that comprises some amount of chromium. This combination not only makes stainless steel more strong but also costly. Stainless steel panels are worth their cost and can stay up there on your roof for at least 60 years! You can expect the following benefits from a stainless-steel roof:
- Stainless steel is definitely one of the most sturdy metals in the world, finding its application even in space shuttles.
- Stainless steel can resist corrosion and brave all kinds of weather conditions without bending or breaking.
- Weather changes don’t make this amazing material expand or contract, unlike some other roofing materials.
- Stainless steel roofing panels have one of the best finishes you can ever ask for.
Are you looking for a metal roofing material that can stay up there for the longest? Then zinc is the perfect material to go for. While zinc is more costly than aluminum or steel, it is every bit worth the price tag. Some of the top benefits of zinc roofing panels are:
- Zinc can withstand the test of time for over a hundred years, and more!
- Zinc roofing panels are easier to manufacture and install.
- They are naturally resistant to rust and corrosion.
- Outer layers of zinc roofing panels can fix and heal their upper surface themselves over time.
- Zinc roofing panels rarely need any maintenance job throughout their lifetime.
Copper is one metal that has found its application for several centuries, possibly even more. While it is costly it is also durable and can offer the best energy efficiency to you. Not to mention, it’s very aesthetically pleasing. The Best benefits of going with copper-based roofing panels are:
- Copper roofing panels are extremely light in weight and can be bent to make any shape.
- While it can be bent industrially, copper does not bend that easily even when you have it on your roof for more than 50 years!
- Copper fittings can be soldered to close the gaps in a roof, which is not the case with other roofing materials.
- Copper roofing panels definitely look more classy than any other material.
Unlike the above 4, galvalume itself isn’t a natural material. Instead, it is a combination of steel, aluminum, and zinc. It borrows the positive aspects of these three materials, which makes it a unique and effective roofing material. Benefits of going with galvalume roofing are:
- You can choose from the widest array of colors since galvalume is easiest to paint and sustains the color for the longest.
- While it is a combination of three costly materials, galvalume roofing panels cost the least due to the presence of certain other bases besides primary metals.
- Galvalume is as strong as zinc and as rust-resistant as aluminum, which makes it last for close to 70 years without much maintenance.
Based on the information above, there is quite a bit of value to be obtained from installing metal roofing on your Miami home.
Want to get a free quote for installing metal roofs? Then call the nearest metal roofers in Miami and get all the details you seek then and there.