The Pros and Cons You Need to Know About Tile Roofing
Tile roofing is very popular in South Florida. Everyone like the tropical style it embraces with that Mediterranean feel. Demand for this roofing is increasing by 5.2% a year and is expected to maintain this pace until 2030.
However, not all tiling roofing is for everybody, and you want to think about the pros and cons. Here are the top benefits and drawbacks of tile roofing.
The Pros of Tile Roofing
Tile roofing offers many advantages for homeowners. Some of the most notable include.
- Weather resistant: These roofs can withstand torrential rains, high winds, hail, flying debris, and fire. This durability is one reason why many homeowners in our area prefer tile roofing.
- Reduce your energy bills: Tile roofs are made of clay and have a gap underneath them. These features prevent the heat from coming into your home, and it reduces your electric bill.
- Lower maintenance: You never have to worry about doing any maintenance on your roof with this solution. The clay has unique properties that offer added protection to your home.
- Protection against pests: Tile roofs prevent raccoons, birds, possums, and termites from getting inside. You never have to worry about these critters building nests and destroying the foundation of your roof.
- Ecologically friendly: Tile roofs are made of environmentally friendly materials. Nothing in them will cause significant damage to the ecology or increase your environmental footprint.
These are some of the advantages that tile roofing offers. This is why so many homeowners prefer this type of roof over others.
ASP Superhome is the tile roofing expert. We work with the top tile roof manufacturers so you can get the quality and protection you deserve.
The Cons of Tile Roofing
Tile roofing does have its fair share of drawbacks. The most significant include
- It is heavy: Tile roofing can weigh up to 850 pounds per square foot. This means that you will need additional reinforcements before installing it at your home.
- Higher upfront costs: You will pay more for the tile roofing and installation. The real savings will come over time by not having to do as much maintenance on this type of roof.
- It requires professional installation: This requires special flashings, and you will have to lay out the tile correctly in a precise pattern. During the installation, you want to make sure that everything is sealed properly to prevent leaks. We recommend using professional installers that are certified in tile roofing.
The best approach is to consider these drawbacks to decide if tile roofing is right for your home. You can contact us today, and we can explain the benefits and drawbacks of having tile roofs.
Contact the Tile Roofing Experts Today!
These are some of the pros and cons of tile roofing. Contact us today and see why we are the best. We work with all of the top tile roof manufacturers and can help you with the installation. Our team is licensed, insured, experienced, and knowledgeable. We work with you on every aspect of your project until you are completely satisfied. Contact us today and see why we are the best.
Read here Why Choosing the Right Roofing Manufacturer and Contractor is Important for your and your lovely home.