Read This Before Deciding the Best Metal Roofing Choice for Your Home
Being the owner of a home gives a feeling that is second to none. As its owner, you will want everything to be perfect. This also comprises the roof, the choices for which can be tricky and tiring. Since Florida’s climate is hot and hurricanes are a common occurrence, metal roofing panels are the perfect choice to go for. But is knowing that enough for you?
Metal roofs have become the most popular roofing choice because of their many benefits. These include their resistance to hurricanes, changing weather conditions, as well as efficiency, and visual appeal. While these benefits do make metal roofs costlier than a few other roofing types, these brilliant solutions make up for it with their lifespan of over 50 years.
How to Choose Your Metal Roof?
Before beginning your search for the perfect metal roof for your home, you need to consider a few factors, such as
- Roofing Metal: There are different metallic materials used for manufacturing roofing panels. These include zinc, copper, steel, and aluminum. Each of them has its benefits and limitations. You can ask your installation advisor about how these benefits and limitations matter to what you seek.
- Installation Surface: Metal roofs are often installed over solid decking. If you are not willing to take off your existing asphalt shingle roof you can also install metal roofing panels right over them. Metal roofing panels can also be installed over asbestos, wood shingles, or lathe boards.
- Roof Design: Metal roofs are often installed in a valley design. It could be an open valley design or a closed valley design. Seek your expert’s advice on how the two can work for your roof and which would be the better choice.
- Roof Color: A great advantage of choosing metal roofs is that you can choose a variety of colors for them. A light and bright color would be a perfect choice if you don’t want sun rays to heat your home. If you are choosing an aluminum metal roofing panel, the choice of color wouldn’t matter.
- Fasteners: Going for exposed fasteners is often not encouraged since that can allow water to enter the system. Concealed fasteners don’t leave any scope for water to accumulate on the roof surface. You may also consider using clips instead of fasteners for certain roof designs.
- Underlayment: Though underlayment is not a necessity, it does help increase the lifespan of your roof. You can go for polymer-based underlayments that are more easy to install and can offer maximum moisture protection.
Choosing an Installation Company
Choosing the best metal roofing companies in Florida is just as important as choosing the right roofing for your home. You need to work with someone who knows what they are doing and can assure you with their work and ethics. You can ensure this by choosing a licensed contractor who works in compliance with the Miami-Dade County roofing regulations. Their after-sales services will also matter just as much.
Call your nearest metal roofing company in Florida for a free quote and other details today.