Will you be okay settling for the second-best option when you could have received the best option at a similar price? Of course, you wouldn’t! So why would you replace your existing asphalt shingle roof with another new advanced shingle roof when you could simply procure metal roofs at a very competitive price?
Given the weather of Florida, it makes perfect sense to switch to metal roofs. Residential metal roofing in Miami and nearby areas are also popular for their many benefits such as aesthetic appeal, ease of installation, longevity, and more.
Popular Materials Used in Metal Roofing Panels
The most popular materials that are used to build all kinds of metal roofing panels are:
- Steel: Definitely the most popular metal roofing material, steel is what you can call an ideal material for durable and high-performance roofing solution. The steel gauge commonly used comes in two sizes – G-60, which is thicker, and G-90 which is thinner and also less expensive.
The steel may further come with coatings of galvanize or galvalume, both of which help the metal resist corrosion and last for really long.
- Aluminum: Aluminum is lighter than steel and so can bend more easily when excess pressure is applied to it. However, unlike steel, it doesn’t need any kind of coating to prevent rusting or corrosion. Appearance-wise, you may find it difficult to tell the two materials apart.
- Copper: Copper could easily be one of the first metals to be used in roofs of homes. This metal is the perfect material for metal roofs, since it does not rust or corrode, does not incur any scratch or peel, and is much easier to install in any way you want. Moreover, copper roofs can last for over a hundred years, and are a mesmerizing sight to watch from the outside.
- Zinc: Zinc is one of the rare materials that can heal any scratch over its surface all by itself! Just like copper, zinc roofs can also last for over a hundred years with little to no maintenance.
- Alloy: Alloy roofing panels are a combination of multiple kinds of metals combined together for their useful properties. Their formulation provides your roof with more strength, durability, and unmatched aesthetic appeal.
Why Metal Roofs are the Better Choice
Metal roofing panels are a much better choice than shingle panels since they:
- Do not corrode over time
- Can last for over 50 years, unlike shingles that last for 10-15 years
- Can withstand strong winds and hurricanes without blowing off
- Can keep your home cooler and reduce your energy bills
- Are much lighter in weight and so can be installed more easily
- Are 100% recyclable after they have served their life
If you want, you can also get the metal roofing panels installed on your roof in different styles. Each of these styles is meant to make your home look better without compromising on the strength and durability that these roofs provide to your home.
Contact your nearest residential metal roofing company in Miami for a free quote and other information in detail today.