There are so many ways you can install a metal roof on your home. You can even choose the color, the design, and even the protective coating to customize your roofing choice as you like it. You can ask the leading roofing company near you for more details about the best metal roofing in Miami FL that will fit your requirement.
Some of the top styles you can go for include:
Standing Seam Roofing
Standing seam is the most obvious choice for most homeowners in Miami. The seams in these panels interlock the panels, which rules the need for additional fasteners. There are many benefits of this roofing style, such as:
- A sleek layout style
- Longer life than other roofing styles
- A structure that’s completely waterproof
- Option to customize roof as you like
Corrugated Metal Roofing
Mostly made from galvanized steel, these roofing solutions are first exposed to intense heat before being cold rolled to form the pattern that you can see on the panels. This process of manufacturing makes the panels rust-resistant, more strong, and give a lasting impression. Expect your roof to last for a really long time when you have corrugated metal roof panels installed.
Tile-Based Metal Roofing
Tile roofing is primarily made from concrete or clay. The design for such roofs looks quite appealing. This is why many manufacturers today also focus on manufacturing metal roofs based upon those tile-based designs. The color scheme used of metal roof panels gives them a similar appearance and appeal that so admire and adore!
Classic-Themed Shake Metal Roofing
Wooden shingles are yet another popular style that has been in use for several decades. The classic look that was only possible through those wooden shingles before is now possible through modern metal roofing solutions as well. You get the same classic feel of those older solutions, with all the benefits that metal roofs bestow on your house.
Slate Type Metal Roofing
Natural stone-based slate roofs were quite popular for a long time, like all other popular roofing solutions of the yesteryears. Since they looked luxurious, they were highly preferred despite all their limitations. Metal roofs designed just like slate roofs now let your home get the same exquisite appearance, without compromising on the safety features of a modern metal roof. You definitely couldn’t ask for anything more.
Best Materials Used for Metal Roofing
There’s not one metal, but five of them that are used for manufacturing high-performance metal roofing in Miami FL. You can ask your roofing company about the different options available with them that are made of these materials. These materials are:
- Aluminum: Aluminum is probably the best metal roofing material you get today. It’s not that costly, and yet delivers the best performance you would expect from a metal roof. It also lasts long, is fire-resistant, and helps reduce your monthly energy bills by much. Aluminum is definitely the most preferred metal roofing material for those who live around coastal areas.
- Zinc: Zinc isn’t a roofing material that’s used much over Miami. But this has more to do with its higher cost than benefits. If you have a metal roof made from zinc, you can expect it to last for over 100 years! That comes with all other regular benefits of a metal roof, including minimal maintenance, resistance to fire, fungus, and pests, and also withstand hardest if hurricane hits.
- Copper: Probably the most costly roofing solution, copper is also the material that lasts the longest. The primary benefits of installing a copper-based metal roof are that it looks more classy than the rest, while also weighing the least. It may require a bit of maintenance, but that’s all you need to do once every few years to make your metal roof last for seemingly forever!
- Galvanized Steel: Galvanized steel, in particular, is one solution that has steel as the base metal that is galvanized (coated) with zinc metal to extend its lifecycle. This way, your home gets the look and feel of a classy zinc-based roof, while saving you more money. Of course, the presence of zinc will help extend the lifecycle of your roof over 70 years as well, with minimal maintenance.
- Tin: Though it’s no longer preferred for manufacturing metal roofs, tin-based metal roofs were among the first of their kind. These metal roofs were what inspired the latter designs that led to metal roofs becoming so much popular. While they are rarely used nowadays, these metal roofs are quite effective when coupled with modern installation layouts. They are low-cost and can last for decades.
So, what’s your preferred roofing design and material? Speak to your nearest metal roofing company in Miami FL and get more details along with a free quote for installing a metal roof on your house.